Clinical data are not encrypted "at rest"
VNX doesn't implement encryption, and it'd be useful to have extras like data integrity checksums, snapshots etc. It would be nice to have one or more machines with shared access to the data, but is lower priority.
It could work like this
- VNX exports some raw disk images on RHU partition
- raw disks attached to HA VM which applies LUKS to disks
- luks-disks added to ZFS pool
- ZFS datasets from pool created for raw and processed
- ensure each worker has own copy of data?
- datasets exported via
- iSCSI: requires share filesystem?
- NFSv4.1: domain auth etc?
- SMB: needed for data manager!
- SFTP: needed for uploader!
SFTP may be easiest as only SSHFS would be required on worker VMs, ensures data is not local. Samba requires some configuration to encrypt traffic.